Sugar Coated Sin: Part I
Though it may entertain us, play with us, sleep with us, and amuse us, its nature never changes. Inevitably, it will always rise up to bite and devour us.”
~Nancy Leigh Demoss on Sin~
James 4:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
True or False
Sin is sin. No matter how easy or appealing it may look, just like that pretty dress at the mall or that exciting newly released video game everyone is buzzing about, it comes at a price. In this case however, there are no alternatives, returns, saves, or restarts. The wages of sin are quite clear.
Romans 6:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Satan is always ever at work. The Deceiver tells us God is not who He says He is and that sin is not evil. He could not be further from the truth.
Lies We Believe About Sin
- I Can Sin and Get Away With It. – I am forgiven so it is okay if I sin because all my sins have been washed away. God will forgive me if I do it.
- My Sin Isn’t Really That Bad. – I know what I did was wrong, but it is nothing compared to what he or she did. It’s not like I killed anyone.
- God Cannot Forgive What I Have Done. – I am unforgivable. I have done some awful things and if they cannot forgive me, why would God be any different?
- I Am Not Fully Responsible For My Actions and Reactions. – I cannot help it if I did that to him or her. He or she had it coming after what they did to me.
- I Cannot Walk In Consistent Victory Over Sin. – I cannot stay away from or live a life out of sin. It is is my nature. I cannot change.